Meeting - 27th June 2018
Protocol of the GASPI Forum meeting on June, 27th, 2018, Frankfurt/Main
Location: Frankfurt/Main, Wilhelm-Fay Straße 54
- Fraunhofer ITWM (Daniel Grünewald)
- ZIH, TU Dresden (Christian Herold)
- DLR (Olaf Krzikalla)
- LRZ (Andre Wortman)
- GWDG (Vanessa End)
- IMEC (Tom van der Aa)
- T-Systems SfR (Christian Simmendinger)
13.00-13.30 Attendees, Quorum, next Forum meeting, Actions Items
13.30-14.00 Errata proposals
14.00-14.15 Lunch break
14.15-15.00 General text proposals
15.15-16.00 GASPI Context, Migration from legacy codes, Shared GASPI Windows,
GASPI Standard Library, Task model integration for GASPI, fine grain
General Text Proposals
Daniel: Fine grain local completion
- Solution 1 - every task using different queue
- Solution 2 - check every request
Solution 3 - remote reply to notification
- Solution 4 -generic meta comm struct.
- Additional comm requests:
- Is there a remote race ? Local completion does not yet solve a potential remote race. Not equivalent to remote reply to notification.
- Can we add the concept of context in addition to a tag ?
- Should this concept include collectives ? (probably not)
- Is there potential for optimization (re-use of strcut, similar to persistant MPI communication )
- Implementation: Should the current functions go into a GASPI library layer (as a wrapper function) ?
- Should we then add tag calls as additonial layer in GASPI standard ?
- write - tag with notify for group of tags vs write_notify, local_waitsome ?
- What would waitig for queue imply ? Waiting for all requests in comm_structs ?
- Investigate feasability of fine grain completion in cray implementation
BSC + Daniel:
- C++ async wait c# - how would this fit with GASPI.
- Remote race
- OpenMP tasking.
- gaspi_write_notify, errata for empty message. (notification must be send)
- Is it possible to set a gaspi config such that queues are ressouce which is requested ?
- is it possible to aggregate ressources requested with subsequent calls to gaspi_proc_init ?
Tutorials / Hackathon
- Still investigating workshop/hackathon @ CSC Finland
- Jan, 16 2018 in Frankfurt